Yei – South Sudan
7th September, 2021
24th September 2021
Main Job Purpose:
The incumbent will be based at the Nutrition Stabilization Centre at Yei Civil Hospital and will be involved in the day to day running of the stabilization centre managed by ACROSS in partnerships with UNICEF. He/she will be assisting the nutrition team in Yei and will perform supervisory duties as needed. He/she will support nutrition related interventions as assigned by the nutrition coordinator.
- Consultations to patients attending the Stabilization Centre including inspection, diagnosis, and provision of treatment.
- Ensure all resource required for treatment are available.
- Inspect and ensure proper hygiene of the inpatient ward/Stabilization Centre, kitchen and surrounding.
- Supervise, monitor and provide technical support for the activities of other technical Health and Nutrition and support staff.
- Ensure that standard treatment and feeding protocols are adhered to and that strict admission and discharge criteria are followed.
- Backup and ensure outreach activities to areas within the operation catchments.
- Organize and initiate health and nutrition education in the Stabilization Centre and extend support to the other Nutrition staff to design similar activity to the communities around Yei.
- Respond programmatically to special healthcare interventions for emergencies and disease outbreaks within the catchments areas.
- Collect, register and maintain nutrition information on activities from records and reports, select and enter data from the Stabilization Centre and institutionalize necessary measures for the medical program.
- Maintain excellent relations and communications with ACROSS staff, partners and patients as well as local authorities.
- To be accountable, give feedback and appropriate information regarding the requested or ongoing tasks to the person or department, for the duties and performances he/she is carrying out for them.
- Representation of ACROSS in nutrition related forums and might be required to carry out specific administrative operations and others
- Reports to the Nutrition Coordinator in Juba.
- May be required to carry out specific administrative operations and others
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery or similar qualifications with further trainings in public health or Health care management desirable.
Experience working in Nutrition will be an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years, experience in training and managing staff/volunteers
Language: Fluent in English (Written and Oral).
Technological awareness – Computer literacy, especially in MS Word and Excel, Power Point.
Other – Ability to operate independently in austere environment for protracted periods
Teamwork – Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively
ACROSS organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of the protection.
- Commitment to Child protection, Prevention of SEA and Safeguarding of Adults.
- Field experience, especially working with Persons of Concern (Refugees and IDPs).
- Commitment to help persons of concern and willingness to cooperate with counterparts.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to live and work in the difficult and harsh conditions is desirable.
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PPT and outlook email)
- Strong project management skills, motivation and with capacity to act with firmness and diplomacy in a multi – cultural context.
- Work independently in the absence of close supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to detect inconstancies and accuracies.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, follow operational and programme procedure
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with those in contact.
- Understand all aspects of Inpatient Management and be able train others
- Excellent Health and the ability to cope with both heat and humidity
- Capable of writing reports and proposals
- Hardworking and able to work under pressure on short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate integrity, excellence, stewardship, and collaborative abilities.
- Committed Christian